Friday, October 10, 2003

here i am, at work again. it's 1pm. 4 hours after i would ideally arrive. that's all right. so i woke up around 10:30am. talked to jess, who actually got his program to work correctly this time. did nothing about that. couldn't find my resume (did a search for "resume" on my HD and get the templates), worried a little, then did a search for "eric chang" and found it right in the my documents folder. need to update it. now. before the career fair ends. at 4.

it's a miracle they haven't fired me at the CFR office yet. i could definitely put in 15 hours a week, easy. 9-1 monday, 9-1 wednesday, 9-5 with 1 hour lunch on friday. i could even put in 9-3 MWs. but i usually don't get here til noon. just because. and then i don't do any work. i do this, or i fool around on the internet. i don't know. i wonder if i have any good references at all. i should try to work on that. and recommendations. prof. kinget would be great, but he might be a little peeved about this lab report that wacek and i owe him.

i should make a to do list. i do that every so often. but i think it would just horrify me if i looked at a complete list right now. so i won't.

time to do my timesheet. what did i put in, 5 hours this week? that much, even? pathetic.

rutgers! i hope coach gives me some playing time. i got so much better this year. but it only really shows around the rookies. around the vets, i do an all right job. i don't drop, and i don't throw away, and i make cuts, but nothing spectacular. i think i'm all around solid, but that doesn't offer much over the other guys. we'll see.

heh, i'm dressed up in a suit and tie and all that jazz. it's funny. i hate dressing up, mostly because it's impossible to find clothes that fit me. i stole one of my brother's suits from home, because he's an idiot about spending money and spent maybe $400 or $700 (can't remember which) to get this one tailored to him. my shirt is also nice, but not custom made, so it's a bit long (can't see it under the pants) and i have to double back the cuffs. but it's a little strange, the jacket is a little tight around. my brother is much skinnier than me. the pants are fine, though.

neil said i look like a hitman (i've got my hair in a ponytail). i can live with that. pooja started grinning when she saw me. she said i look cute, i protested that i was trying to look joblike, and she said it's cute because i normally don't look businesslike but now i do. good save.

thanks for breakfast, pooja! you're the bestest.

i was trying to explain to her how since i had 3 things to do, i didn't want to get started on any one, because it seems unfair to the others. by her logic, i would never get anything done, then. pshaw... but i am at work, and i'm going to update my resume here, so in a way, i'm only leaving out data structures. nevermind that i'm not actually doing work.

i'll stop rambling now. stupid resume. i hate it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home