Monday, October 04, 2004

fucking ipods suck and so does apple and i hate them

ever since i bought this thing in may, it's been giving me shit. and it's getting better and better.

first i loaded a ton of music into itunes. then i moved it onto my ipod. then i deleted it from itunes to save space. then i realized it is impossible to drag music from one's ipod back onto itunes. so a lot of my music is only on my ipod, and not on my computer.

it is possible to recover this music, by going into the ipod as a disk drive in explorer, and copying it all back. but it is incredibly disorganized, and good luck sorting it back by artist and album. plus i'm out of space on my hard drive, and i don't want 40 gigs of music on my ipod AND my computer, seeing as that is the reason i bought the fucking thing in the first place was that i wanted someplace BESIDES my computer to store my music.

so i want to play music from my ipod, through itunes, on my computer. my ipod liked to disconnect automatically from my computer, and freeze until i manually reset it.

so i don't do that anymore. but i still need to move music from my computer onto my ipod, occasionally. my ipod likes to error in the middle of music copying and make me select the same files to be copied again.

so i try not to copy music onto my ipod anymore. but i would still like to be able to CONNECT MY FUCKING IPOD TO MY COMPUTER. my ipod's latest little game is to never register with my PC at all. i plug it in, and nothing picks up. no hardware or anything is recognized.

apple is a piece of shit. it has a nice online support page that answers none of my questions.

most pertinent troubleshooting question i could find: my ipod doesn't respond or appears to be frozen.

possible solution 1: you have the hold button on! you must be a fucking moron!

i am not a fucking moron. next...

possible solution 2: reset your ipod. that's NOT A SOLUTION. that's a temporary fix.

possible solution 3: do you have the most recent software? again, yes, as i am not a fucking moron.

and where is my question? my ipod doesn't register with my computer at all. when it does register, it freezes within 5 minutes.

it doesn't seem to be there! thankfully, apple has no email support. or phone support. or support of any kind. i can choose to send it in for repairs, meaning give them more money, or restore factory settings, which may or may not fix the problem in addition to wiping out all of the music on there.

i dropped half a grand on this piece of shit. apple i hate you. you make pretty things, but i hate you. i hate you so much.

1 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.apple.com/contact/phone_contacts.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home