Wednesday, August 24, 2005

grokking laughter

here we go... p311

I've found out why people laugh. They laugh because it hurts... because it's the only thing that'll make it stop hurting.

I looked at a cageful of monkeys and suddenly I saw all the mean and cruel and utterly unexplainable things I've seen and heard and read about in the time I've been with my own people -- and suddenly it hurt so much I found myself laughing.

those are just the 2 parts i felt like typing here. from strange in a strange land, by the way, so no sueing me. the whole passage is worth reading.

i feel like this gives too much significance to gabi's posts (i'm not trying to offend here, truly). i don't think she's quite a microcosm of the human race, with war and death and starvation and so on, but she does suffer, unless i'm misinterpreting her posts. at least this makes me laughing at her blog less bad. right?

laugh it off, people, and it will be ok.

1 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Blogger por favor no fubar said...

You, Eric. I was talking to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home