Sunday, June 06, 2004

high school friends

i commented this in stoops's blog, but it's long enough that i felt like putting it here.

i don't understand why people can't get along with their high school friends anymore. i'm still friends with steiner, who might be a different case. but i'm also still friends with zhu, josh, ariel, and howie. and rohrbach, whenever we find him. the whole problem with college and having separate lives for four years doesn't really seem to matter to me, and i don't think it bothers my friends either.

does it have something to do with school, and classes? josh left longmeadow HS sophomore year, and zhu senior year. and i was not in the same classes as many of them. but we were friends anyways, and we insult each other all the time, and when zhu gets too racist for our liking, someone punches him and he shuts up for a while.

stoops, my mom and my brother will not stop screaming at each other. it's excruciating. i just get up and go for a walk whenever they start talking, because it inevitably leads to intolerably high noise levels. i feel your pain, brother.

this is long enough that i'm going to paste it into my blog.

1 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say that we just weren't that close to begin with.

The Facebook is a strange phenomenon: I keep getting requests from it, and recently I got in touch with two people at Cornell who I haven't seen since high school graduation. We exchanged a few emails, and I was pretty surprised to find that they hadn't kept in touch with anyone from West Orange either (both ran with large crowds).

People get separated because of college, and they go their separate ways, change, etc. To stay in touch with those you knew in another place, another time, requires some effort, and if that effort just doesn't seem worth it at times, well that's when I realized I had ended up with a large group of acquaintences and friends of convenience.

I'm sure not everyone has problems with their high school buddies. Some end up marrying them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home