Monday, August 16, 2004

astrology

i bought an astrology book from waldenbook's a few weeks ago. it was in the bargain section. oh, what clinched it was looking up aquarius and reading that my body part(s) are the calves and ankles. this was maybe a day or two after mary told me in an email that some guy at work had calves that reminded her of me, and it was freaking her out. i mean, that is pretty weird.

the book is pretty spot on about certain things. for example, i hate circular arguing and chainstore clothing. capricorns are born old (overly mature and such), work and study hard, and are reliable, dependable people. pooja's a capricorn (much teasing potential here). there's a passage in sagittarius' description about how they are basically truthful people. _except_ when telling a story and not getting the reaction they expect, in which case they will sometimes exaggerate to outlandish lengths to get the right effect. mary's a sagittarius. but, that stuff is only a little of the total description, and some of it doesn't sound right at all. i suppose, as is usually the case with these kinds of things, that you write down enough adjectives and such, and every person will see a few that resonate. you know, if you throw enough darts, you're bound to get a bullseye.

on the whole, this astrology business is interesting. and fun. what i want to do now is get a natal chart. if anyone's interested in this kinda thing, go to Astrolabe and click on birth chart to generate a free one. they even explain some of what it means for free, too. you'll need to know the exact time of your birth, though. i asked my mom today, and she had no idea. she thinks it was in the morning. but my mom has trouble remembering my age. i think it's because she doesn't care. but then, i don't know my parents' exactly either. initially i left it at the default, noon, which left 4 of the 12 signs in the 8th house. that's the sex one. worrisome. i mean, signs can manifest their energies in bad ways too. although maybe it would be comforting as well as damning to know it's not my fault.

i just checked now what my chart would look like if i was born at 1am instead of 12pm noon. big difference... i figured maybe one or two signs would have moved. i really want to figure out my birthtime. is the only way from digging up my birth certificate?

in this 1am chart, there are NO signs in the 8th house. which could mean a notable absence of energies in the sex house. it's so easy to make anything fit.

i need to find this out. so i can blame my inadequacies on the time of my birth and the constellations, instead of accepting responsibility. wouldn't that be nice?

i just realized some might point out that the only house i talk about at all is the 8th house, the sex one. but i didn't know what any houses stood for when i first saw my chart. i just looked up that one because it had so many signs. that's what got me started. i didn't fixate on it without being pointed in that direction.

1 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger pooja said...

are you calling me boring? you better not be calling me boring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home