Saturday, November 20, 2004

yeah

*this was written back in November sometime at home. I'm finishing it up now.

saturday. i got home sunday night. that's almost a full week. no screaming match between my mom and my brother.

i go outside to rake leaves. my mom loves going outside and doing it by herself, and trying to make me feel guilty about letting her. the fact that she SNEAKS OUT OF THE HOUSE to do yardwork without telling me sort of ruins her plan. at some point, i leave my room to go downstairs, and my brother mentions offhand that she is outside.

anyway, i'm outside, and i'm raking leaves.

mom: can you rake that pile into that pile?
me: what? they're both big piles already. why would you want me to do that?
mom: it would make it easier for me to bag.
me: you mean _this_ pile and _that_ pile? but they're both big already. it doesn't make sense.
mom: fine, if you don't want to help, then you don't have to. we have different ideas about how it would help. you can go inside.
me: i want to help, but i don't think it makes sense. whatever.
i start to rake one pile the other pile
mom: what are you doing? i said _that_ pile and that _other_ pile!
me: no you didn't! you were very unclear, and when i asked if you meant these two piles, you said yes!
mom: i wasn't looking at you.
me: you should! when i ask you a question, you should look at me!

everything goes to hell from there. some salient points.

you think i'm low class and your friends are high class.

you liked that vietnamese place after your friend showed it to you. you would have hated it if i showed it to you.
you hated chinese school because i took you to it. you would have liked it if your friend showed you.

*i stopped here, i don't remember why. i think mom came upstairs to scream at me some more. continuing...

my response: you didn't show me the vietnamese place. if you had, i would have liked it. how can you say what i would have done in a different situation that never happened? and i would have hated chinese school no matter who took me! that's just as ridiculous as your pho example.

apparently, i am arrogant. does anyone else agree?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home